P_4L is a Max for Live Device based on Plaits by Mutable Instruments.
It's a patchable semi-modular system with Plaits at the center, encouraging modulation and experimentation.
*This device is currently only available for Intel Macs - It doesn't work on Windows or M1 Mac
All features and sound engines from the original Plaits are included, 16 sound engines, the internal envelope and low pass gate emulation, all patchable inputs and attenuverters etc.
Some other things have been added:
- A fully-patchable modulation system
- 7 modulation sources
- 2x LFO's w/ continuously variable shapes
- Smooth & Stepped random sources
- The Aux output of the synth engine for audio-rate modulation
- An ADSR envelope
- and MIDI note-value (key-tracking)
- A self-resonant and drivable Moog style ladder filter with 6 modes.
- Modulation amount controls for Model, Harmonics, etc.
- A Pulse generator to trigger the internal envelope and Sample and Hold.
This device is for use in Ableton Live - Live Suite or a Max for Live License is needed
Original Software Design by Émilie Gillet - This is not a Mutable Instruments Product.
vb.mi.plts~ Max External created by Volker Böhm
Implementation of a Moog Ladder filter by Peter McCulloch
P_4L - Max for Live synthesizer